Do you believe Obama was born here? Are you a “Birther”?
By admin - Mon May 14, 11:42 am
Question by anotherone773: Do you believe Obama was born here? Are you a “Birther”?
You know one of the people that think Obama wasn’t born in the US. I really cannot see how someone can believe in this “birther” movement when a little( literally) research will tell you that is an American:
* “Dunham was born in St. Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas as the only child of Madelyn Lee Payne and Stanley Armour Dunham” – Obama’s mother was born in the US.
* “On August 21, 1959, Hawaii became the 50th state to be admitted into the Union. Dunham’s parents sought business opportunities in the new state, and after graduating from high school in 1960, Dunham and her family moved to Hawaii. Dunham soon enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa.”
*While attending a Russian language class, Dunham met Barack Obama, Sr., the school’s first African student. At the age of 23, Obama had come to Hawaii to pursue his education”
*Dunham and Obama were married on the Hawaiian island of Maui on February 2, 1961, despite parental opposition from both families. Dunham was three months pregnant at the time of her marriage.”
*Obama Sr.’s and Dunham’s son, Barack Hussein Obama II, was born on 4 August 1961. Dunham quit her studies to care for the baby, while Obama Sr. completed his degree. He graduated from the University of Hawaii in June 1962 (and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa)
* “After her divorce, Dunham married Indonesian student Lolo Soetoro, who was attending college in Hawaii. When Suharto, a military leader in Soetoro’s home country, came to power in 1967, all Indonesian students studying abroad were recalled, and the family moved to the Menteng neighborhood of Jakarta. From ages six to ten, Obama attended local schools in Jakarta, including Besuki Public School and St. Francis of Assisi School.
In 1971, Obama returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents, Madelyn and Stanley Armour Dunham, and attended Punahou School, a private college preparatory school, from the fifth grade until his graduation from high school in 1979.”
Requirements for the Office of President
- Must be 35 years old or older
- Must have been born in the US or both parents must be US Citizens.
- Must have lived in the US 14 years.
* Obama is over 35 = Check
* Obama has lived in the US at least 14 years = Check
* Obama was born in the US = Check.
How do i know Obama was born in the US?
- Both parents were attending the University of Hawaii before and after he was born. So unless they had made a trip to Kenya real fast in August before the fall semester started he was born here. She wouldn’t of been able to travel overseas being that close to term anyway nor did she have ANY reason to go to Kenya. Her only tie to Kenya was Obama’s father who was basically an exchange student.
- There is no mention in any documents anywhere of Ann Dunham( Obama’s Mother) EVER going to Kenya. Therefore it is unreasonable to believe that she was ever in Kenya.
- Obama went to Indonesia when he was 6 and came home at the age of 10.
I did not need any legal documents to figure this out. You can put together a time-line of Obama’s life with information available on the internet and plainly see that he was indeed born in the US and that he lived here for over 14 years of his life.
This makes him qualified to be president.
My question is: As a birther are you going to ignore common sense so you can keep claiming he is not qualified for president?
wiki isn’t reliable as a news source? Wiki isn’t a news source and it definitely about 100 times more reliable than a news source. In case people don’t know this but Wiki is very accurate. The content is checked for accuracy daily and every article must have sources of the information( you know all those little numbered footnotes at the bottom. Those are sources).
Wiki is not reliable is parroting of people who don’t know anything about how an encyclopedia works.
@ Eugene: That is funny because both me and my g/f are/have been in college. College professors have no problem with Wikipedia as a source. Professor trumps high school teacher.
@ Libs hate: No other president in the last 100 years has had to make public private information. The people who need to verify he can be president have seen the required documents. Do you see GOP congressmen going around saying Obama shouldn’t be president? No. You wonder why that is? Why is it the people that would have the most to gain politically from Obama not being qualified don’t say a word about his credentials? Because they know he is qualified and they do not want to look like a fool and kill their political career.
Answer by …………..
i dont care but wiki isnt reliable as a news source.
although i do use it its other peoples postings which makes it sort of not reliable
Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother’s side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father’s side. While Barack Hussein Obama’s father was from Kenya , his father’s family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama’s father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father’s birth certificate even states he’s Arab, not African Negro).
Give your answer to this question below!